Adapted and directed by Joseph O’Malley
Ebeneezer Scrooge is the meanest, most miserable man in London. He only cares for one thing – money. Of all the people and things Scrooge dislikes, he hates Christmas most of all. One Christmas Eve, Scrooge is visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and yet-to-come, who attempt to show him the error of his ways and teach him to become a better man.
Following their hugely popular productions of The Goon Show and Hancock’s Half Hour, Apollo Theatre Company return to the Blakehay with this brand-new adaptation of Charles Dickens’ classic Christmas tale, a charming and beautiful story guaranteed to entertain the whole family.
Relaxed Performance; This is a special relaxed performance of this show. If you struggle with accessing theatre, because it is too dark or noisy then this is the performance for you. The performance will take place in our Main House and is specially adapted to make this easier for you.
- Our house lights will remain on during the performance
- There will be no loud speakers or tanoy announcements during the morning (unless there is an emergency)
- You will be free to make noise and move around the theatre without the fear of disturbing people.
- You will be able to come out of the theatre at anytime, and no fear of missing out as you can watch the show quietly on our television in our Theatre Bar.
- The company will introduce themselves at the beginning of the performance to get to know you.
- Their will be no loud bangs during the performance.
- We ask that there is no clapping during the performance and that to show your appreciation you wave your hands in the air.
- Our staff will be on hand if you have any worries.
- The theatre doors will open an hour before so you can get here in plenty of time to settle in.
All of our tickets for this show include a free carer seat (buy one, get two tickets!) Want to bring a group of you? We have special rate!
Spread the Word; #christmascarol
Age Recommendation; Most suitable for ages 3+
Interval; There is no interval during this performance, the bar will close 15 minutes before the end of the performance.
Useful Information; Please note that all buggies and pushchairs will need to be stored in our foyer.
Apollo Theatre Company